Brief history of the villageThe site of the village has been inhabited since prehistoric times with practically no interruption. The oldest written reference dates from the 11th century, when Pavlov belonged to the church chapter at Stará Boleslav. In the earty 13th century castle Děvičky was founded. In 1334 Pavlov became part of the Mikulov estate, which it remained until 1848. Pavlov originally Slavonic, but in the early 13th century it was settled by German-speaking people, who stayed until the post-war years of 1945-1946. Wine made the village wealthy. By the early 17th century more than half the land around was planted with grapevines. Pavlov has often found itself in the path of armies, and suffered much from war. The worst was the Thirty Years' War: the population fell by a quarter. Pavlov's population was greatest in 1900 at 1,117. After the war and subsequent resettlement 658 people lived here. In 1991 there were 546.
Calendar of events
Momentálně nejsou žádné akce v kalendáři.